The government of Pakistan is actively working to prevent the misuse of fake ID cards. They have introduced a program called NADRA Family Tree Verification. This initiative is led by the National Database and Registration Authority (NADRA) of Pakistan. The main aim is to ensure that people’s identity information is accurate and legitimate.
One of the steps they are taking is the implementation of the SMS Family Verification System. This system enables regular citizens to verify whether someone who shouldn’t be on their family list is present there. This innovative approach not only maintains the honesty of the national ID system but also allows individuals to confirm the correctness of their personal information.
Purpose Behind Checking Family Tree in NADRA
NADRA’s family tree verification is a handy service that helps people confirm their family connections using an official document. This paper comes in handy for lots of legal stuff and official things.
Let’s say, when you need a passport, visa, or any paper from the government, this document could be what you need. It is also useful when dealing with inheritance issues, as you might need to show how everyone’s related.
How to Check the Family Tree in NADRA
You can either apply through message or online. Read to know the steps:
- How to verify NADRA family tree through messages?
- How to verify NADRA family tree through website?
Verification of Nadra Family Tree Through Message
If you have a registered mobile number, here’s what you do:
- Open your SMS app.
- Type your 13-digit CNIC number without spaces in the text box.
- Send it to 8009.
- You will get details about your family members by text. If anything is not right, reply with ‘1’ to let NADRA know.
- They’ll call you from their Islamabad helpline at 051-2778009.
- If all the info is correct, reply with ‘2’ to tell NADRA.
Your mobile phone number must be registered with NADRA under your CNIC or B form for using the Nadra Family Tree service. If your number isn’t registered or you have a new number, you can go to a nearby NADRA center to update it in their records. Keep in mind that this part of the service might not be the best option, as lots of mobile SIM cards are already registered using biometric verification and identity cards.
Online Verification of NADRA Family Tree
Here’s how you can verify your Family Tree on NADRA Online:
- Visit NADRA’s official website.
- From the website, you have to log in or sign up to your account.
- Click on ‘New Application’.
- Choose the ‘Issuance of Identity Document (CNIC, NICOP, FRC, POC)’.
- Choose ‘Family Registration Certificate’.
- Click on ‘Start Application’.
- Enter your identity card number.
- Upload your photo.
- Select your family members and click ‘save’.
- Now enter the ID cards of each family member one by one.
- Specify the relation of each member to you.
- Enter their ID card number.
- Click ‘ADD Member’.
- Once you have finished, click ‘verify my family’.
- A green tick mark will appear if the list is verified correctly.
NADRA Family Registration Certificate
You have the option to apply for your Family Registration Certificate (FRC), which provides comprehensive information about your family tree. To get your FRC, you can visit a NADRA Registration Center or use the Pakistan Identity Website for the application process.