Are you dreaming of pursuing higher education in Germany without the burden of tuition fees? Look no further! The Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarships for Master’s and Ph.D. programs are now open for applications in 2023, offering an incredible opportunity for international students, European Union citizens, and German students alike.
With a commitment to providing quality education and fostering academic excellence, the Heinrich Boll Foundation will be awarding 1,000 scholarships to talented individuals aspiring to undertake Master’s and Ph.D. degrees in Germany. This generous scholarship program opens the doors to study at some of Germany’s finest universities, covering various academic fields and majors.
Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarship 2023
Continue reading the article to know everything about the Heinrich Boll scholarship.
- Required Documents
- How to Apply?
Deadline of Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarship 2023
- 1st September 2023
Benefits of the Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarship
The Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarships 2023 offer a diverse range of benefits, tailored to meet the individual needs of students from different backgrounds. Whether you are a German student with financial constraints, a non-EU student seeking to study in Germany, or a parent pursuing higher education, this prestigious scholarship program aims to make your academic journey seamless and successful.
With a focus on fostering academic excellence and providing holistic support, the scholarship presents an exceptional opportunity to advance your education in one of Europe’s leading academic destinations.
- German/foreign students who completed their earlier education in Germany may receive funding based on the German BaföG regulations. If their parental income or self-earnings are low, they may be entitled to receive €649 per month, along with an additional €300 for books.
- Non-EU students are also eligible for the scholarship, receiving monthly funding of approximately €850, along with various study allowances to support their academic pursuits.
- The scholarship offers a childcare allowance to support students who are parents, ensuring they can focus on their studies while taking care of their family responsibilities.
- All recipients of the Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarship will have their health insurance needs covered, providing them with peace of mind and ensuring their well-being during their time in Germany.
Applicants who earned their Master’s degree outside Germany:
- International Master’s students with university entrance qualifications earned outside Germany can apply either before commencing their Master’s program or anytime up to the end of the first semester of the Master’s program.
- Applicants must provide proof of their first professional qualification to be considered eligible for the scholarship.
- Candidates are required to demonstrate proficiency in the German language at Level B2 or DSH 2, supported by a valid certificate. This language proficiency requirement ensures that students can effectively engage in academic and social activities during their studies in Germany.
Applicants who have earned their doctoral degree outside Germany:
- Applicants must provide proof of admission to doctoral studies by a state or state-recognized university, typically in Germany, along with their scholarship application.
- By the application date, candidates must have completed preliminary work related to their doctoral studies, and they must submit a valid timetable outlining the expected completion of their doctoral program.
- Priority will be given to candidates whose Ph.D. subjects align with the focal points of the Foundation’s activities.
- Candidates are required to demonstrate proficiency in the German language at Level B2 or DSH 2, supported by a valid certificate. This language proficiency requirement ensures that students can effectively engage in academic and research activities during their doctoral studies in Germany.
- CV for scholarship application
- Motivation Letter
- 2 Recommendation Letters
- Research Proposal
- Statement of Purpose
How to Apply for Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarship?
- Check entry-level requirements on the Heinrich Boll Foundation website
- Create a free online account on the application portal through a sign-up form.
- Complete the required sections and attach the necessary documents for the application
- Click the “submit” button to finalize the online application.
- Submit written application documents, including a personal reference on social commitment and an expert reference from a university lecturer or school teacher (for school leavers).
- Expert references can be submitted with the application or separately in a sealed envelope by the referee.