The US Fulbright scholarship is one of the most prestigious and competitive scholarships for Pakistani students. It offers a chance to study in the US, which is the hub of top-ranked universities in the world. The scholarships are for Pakistani students only.
The scholarship aims to encourage students with a strong academic history. Every year the US Fulbright scholarship opens applications in the month of February. The applications close around May.
The scholarship not only supports academic growth but also aims to strengthen the bonds between Pakistan and the US. Each Fulbright student is like a bridge connecting the two regions through educational excellence.
The last date to submit your application is 11 May, 2022.
The scholarship is granted to Pakistani graduate students who wish to pursue a Master’s or Ph.D. degree in the United States.
The US Fulbright scholarship covers the airfare, tuition fee, living stipend, health insurance, and textbook fee (as needed). On top of that, a student is also assisted during the visa application phase.
The US Fulbright Scholarship is funded by the United States Department of State.
General Admission Requirements
The application process of the scholarship is quite straightforward. To apply you will need to go through the following steps:
- Complete application form
- Acquire 3 reference letters
- Secure a good GRE score (138 in the verbal section and 136 in the quantitative section)
- Achieve a good score in the IELTS test (the results are needed once you are selected for the scholarship)
- Scanned documents including transcripts, and an explanatory document of the grading policy (the degree and transcripts should be HEC attested)
Application Requirements for Master’s Program
To enroll in a Master’s degree one needs to have 4 year Bachelor’s degree or Bachelors and Master’s degree of 16 years from an accredited university.
Note: If you are an MBA or Public Policy/Administration graduate then you will need 2 years of work experience to be eligible for the program.
Application Requirements for Ph.D. Program
If you wish to pursue a Ph.D. degree in the US then you will have to meet the following requirements:
- M.Phil., Master’s degree or an equivalent 18-year qualification from an accredited university
- Work experience in research, public sector of Pakistan, or teaching is highly desirable (not mandatory)
Note: For both Masters and Ph.D., graduates from all fields can apply except for students of clinical medicine
The US Fulbright Scholarship is a great opportunity for Pakistani students who wish to study abroad. The scholarship offers high-quality education to students who otherwise cannot afford the expenses of international education.
We highly recommend everyone to apply as it is a great move towards a bright and promising future. For more details, you can check out the official USEFP website.