Medicine is a field of passion. Extensive study, hard work, skills, and knowledge are required to enter this field. The growing interest of Pakistan’s youth in this domain has prompted many colleges across Pakistan to offer MBBS degrees. Peshawar is no exception with multiple options available to enroll in an MBBS program.
Top Medical Colleges in Peshawar:
Here we have compiled a list of the top 10 medical colleges in Peshawar offering MBBS degrees.
- Peshawar Medical and Dental college
- Jinnah Medical College Peshawar
- Khyber Girls Medical college
- Khyber medical college
- Kabir Medical College
- Rehman Medical college
- Post Graduate Medical Institute Peshawar
- Pakistan International Medical College
- Northwest School of Medicine
- Muhammad College Of Medicine
1. Peshawar Medical and Dental College:
Peshawar Medical and Dental College is located on Warsak Road in Peshawar. It is affiliated with the Khyber Medical University as the admitting university. It offers undergraduate and postgraduate programs in both medicine and dentistry domains.
Graduate programs offered at the University include MBBS and BDS programs.
SSC/Matriculation/Equivalent = 10%
F.Sc (Pre-Medical)/HSSC/Equivalent = 40%
Provincial/Regional Centralized Entrance Test/MCAT foreign/SAT-II = 50%
Postgraduate Programs include:
- FCPS-II (PMC)
- FCPS-II (PDC)
- M.Phil (Dentistry and Basic Sciences)
Peshawar Medical and Dental College is affiliated with the following hospitals:
- Mercy Teaching Hospital
- Kuwait Teaching Hospital
- Al-Khidmat Teaching Hospital
Hostel: Accommodation for female students is available on the college campus.
Fee Structure: Total Fee for 5 year program = 68,43,700 PKR
Phone: +92(091)5202191 – 94
Address: Peshawar Medical College, Warsak Road, Peshawar, KPK, Pakistan.
Postal Code: 25160
2. Jinnah Medical College Peshawar
Jinnah Medical College Peshawar is a private medical college in Peshawar. It is affiliated with the Khyber Medical University as its degree-awarding institution.
- MDCAT arranged by the PMC / SAT-II Score
- Interview at JMDC
Hospitals attached with the University include:
- Jinnah Teaching Hospital
- GHQ Teaching Hospital Charsadda
- Naseerullah Khan Babar Memorial Teaching Hospital Peshawar
Fee Structure: MBBS Program 8,50,000 PKR
Address: Budhai, Near Peshawar Motorway Toll Plaza, Peshawar.
3. Khyber Girls Medical College:
Khyber Medical College was established in 2004 keeping in view the cultural and traditional norms of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. It offers a place for female medical students who might not be comfortable studying with their male counterparts. This college is affiliated with the Pakistan Medical and Dental Council (PMDC)
- Postgraduate Medical Education (PGME)
The M.Phil. program is affiliated with Khyber Medical University and recognized by PMDC. The MBBS program is affiliated with The Hayatabad Medical Complex (HMC) as its teaching hospital.
The campus includes:
- Hostel for girls with a capacity of 800
- State-of-the-art auditorium
- Examination Hall
- Student-Teacher Center
- Clinical Skill Center and
- Medical Education Department.
Eligibility: Entry into the Postgraduate medical courses requires an admission test conducted by the college.
Fee Structure: Total student fee for the 5-year program: 1,16,850 PKR
Address: PDA Building, Block No.4, Phase V, Hayatabad, Peshawar
4. Khyber Medical College:
Established in 1954, Khyber Medical College is the mother institute of all teaching hospitals in KPK. It offers programs in both clinical sciences and basic sciences.
- Advanced labs,
- Smart campus,
- Skills and Simulation Lab,
- Self Learning Resource Center
Teaching Hospital: KMU has its own 1200 bedded teaching hospital Khyber Teaching Hospital.
Fee structure: For the 5-year MBBS program 1,10,000 PKR
Address: Khyber Medical College University Road Peshawar
Phone: + 92 91 9221384-8
5. Kabir Medical College:
Kabir Medical College is affiliated with the Gandhara University Peshawar. It has been recognized by the Pakistan Medical and Dental Council (PMDC), H.E.C, and enlisted in the International Medical Education Directory (IMED) ECFMG (U.S.A).
Eligibility: Minimum 60% marks or equivalent in H.S.C. (Pre-medical). An aptitude test is conducted by the Kabir University.
Hostel: Separate hostel facilities are also provided for boys and girls.
Teaching Hospital: Kabir Medical College is affiliated with the Naseer Teaching Hospital.
Fee Structure: MBBS 5 year program: 5,00,000 PKR
Address: Canal Road University Town, Peshawar, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
Phone:+92 91 5711151-2
+92 91 5619671-2
6. Rehman Medical College:
Rehman Medical College is located in Hayatabad, Peshawar, and is associated with the Rehman Medical Institute. It offers a 5-year MBBS program.
Eligibility: Admission to the MBBS program is based on merit. 45% weightage is given to HSSC or Equivalent, 45% weightage to MDCAT Marks, and 10% weightage to the assessment Interview conducted by the College.
- Girls Hostel (on college premises) with kitchen and laundry facilities. Boys Hostel is also available within walking distance.
- Clinical Skills Center, Research lab, and IT lab.
- 189 seat Auditorium and Academic Council Hall.
- Student’s lounge with locker facility.
- Sports complex and Gymnasium for males and females.
- Transportation facility.
- Separate Male and Female Student Lounges.
- Central Library with IT labs.
Fee Structure: 13,15,000 PKR
Hospital: It is affiliated with the Rehman Medical Institute.
Address: Rehman Medical Institute, Phase-V, Hayatabad, Peshawar, KP, Pakistan
Phone: 111 734 626
7. Postgraduate Medical Institute Peshawar:
Programs: Postgraduate degree programs including:
- Diploma Courses: DCH, DGO, DO, DLO, DCP, and DA.
- Medical graduate from a PMDC recognized University
- Completion of one-year House Job / Residency
- Not be above the age of 45
- Registered with PMDC as a Medical Practitioner.
PG Diploma: Rs. 30000/- per diploma (full course)
MCPS: Rs. 30000/- Per Annum.
Master: Rs. 20000/- Per Annum.
M Phil: Rs. 25000/- Per Annum.
Ph.D.: Rs. 30000/- Per Annum.
MD/MS: Rs. 30000/- Per Annum.
Observership: Rs. 10000/- Per Quarter.
Address: Phase IV, Hayatabad, Peshawar, Pakistan
8. Pakistan International Medical College
Pakistan International Medical College was established in 2009, it is recognized by the Pakistan Medical and Dental Council and is affiliated with Khyber Medical University, Peshawar.
- MDCAT with more than 60% marks
- F.S.C./H.S.S.C./equivalent with more than 65% marks
- Separate hostel facility for male and female students at the College premises.
- Furnished rooms with heating and air conditioning facility.
- Backup power source
Fee Structure: Fee for MBBS 5 year program, 6,248,250 PKR
Fauji Foundation Hospital, Peshawar Cantt
Peshawar Institute of Medical Sciences
Address: Plot No.2, Sector B-2, Phase-V, Hayatabad, Peshawar
Contact: +92 91 5892730-5
9. Northwest School of Medicine
Northwest School of Medicine is a newly built, modern medical school located in Peshawar. It offers a 5-year MBBS program.
- FSc (or equivalent) grade: 30% weightage.
- MDCAT: 50% weightage
- Interview, 20% weightage
- Virtual Learning Environment
- College Management System
North West School of Medicine is affiliated with the following institutes:
- College of Physicians and Surgeons Pakistan
- Pakistan Medical Commission
- Khyber Medical University
- Higher Education Regulatory Authority, Govt. of KPK.
- Postgraduate Medical Institute, Peshawar
- World Federation For Medical Education
- Educational Commission For Foreign Medical Graduates
- World Health Organization
Address: North West School of Medicine Plot#8, Sector A-2, Phase- V, Hayatabad, Peshawar-Pakistan
10. Muhammad College of Medicine:
Located in Yaseen Abad Muhammad College of Medicine formerly known as Al-Razi Medical College Peshawar, is an established educational facility for medical students in Peshawar.
- HSSC – at least 65% marks – weightage 30%
- MDCAT/SAT-II* – at least 60% marks – weightage 50%
- Psychometric – weightage 20%
Teaching Hospital: Affiliated with Muhammad Teaching Hospital.
MBBS 5- year program : 85,88,000 PKR
Address: Muhammad College of Medicine, Budhni Rd, Yaseen Abad, Peshawar, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan.
This document provides a comprehensive list of Medical Colleges in Peshawar, their eligibility requirements, and fee structure. For those aspiring to be doctors, this article will provide valuable information helping them to determine their future institution.