Which woman does not wish for flawless and glowing skin? Whichever course of life you choose for be it, a housewife, a professional or just a student, having a healthy skin is very important. Every skin type is fragile and has its own weaknesses hence using harsh chemicals on it is risky. There are a large number of factors that make skin dull and lifeless i.e., stress, work pressure, lack of sleep, unhealthy diet, excessive sun exposure, smoking, drinking, environmental pollution, weather changes. It is difficult to eradicate all these factors from our life but prevention is the key. You cannot stop the aging process but you at least preserve your youthful radiance longer.
This is when home-based remedies are a huge help as they are a natural alternative to chemical-based products and cosmetics. We have compiled a list of ingredients and recipes for you to attain a skin glow at home. But for that, you’ll need to follow.
Get a Flawless Radiant Skin by Using These Remedies
Turmeric has strong antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. It will remove harmful substances that are causing skin damage. It also boosts collagen production that keeps your skin healthy and glowing. Gram flour is used to cleanse the skin gently make it look clean and bright.
- Half to 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 4 tablespoons of gram flour
- Milk or water
1. Mix turmeric powder with gram flour. Add milk or water to form an even paste.
2. Apply the paste on your face and neck.
3. Leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Rinse with plain water.
Coconut oil is widely used and works best for dry and dull skin. It secures skin moisture and nourishes it. Its antioxidants help skin last glowing longer.
- Use Virgin coconut oil.
- Luke warm the oil and apply on the face and neck.
- Massage for a few minutes in circular motions gently.
- Leave it on overnight for better absorption and results.
To get rid of dead skin and make an exfoliator at home, add some sugar granules to coconut oil. Scrub once or twice a week to exfoliate.
Aloe vera gel is the universal cure and ingredient to skincare products. Its healing properties rejuvenate the skin giving it a naturally beautiful glow. It solves all your skin problems and irritations.
- 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel
- A pinch of turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1 teaspoon of milk
1. Mix all these ingredients. Spred this mixture evenly on face and neck.
2. Leave it on for about 20 minutes.
3. Rinse with lukewarm water and pat dry.
Baking soda neutralizes skin’s pH value and exfoiliates all dead skin cells. It soothes and heals any kind of inflammation on skin.
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of honey
1. Mix all the ingredients well in a bowl.
2. Apply this mixture on slightly damp face and neck in circular motions.
3. Leave it on for 10 minutes.
4. Rinse with cool water and pat dry.
Lemon is used as a bleaching agent. It cleanses and helps remove tan from skin. It is one of nature’s gifted skin brightening agent to us. The sugar granules as discussed before will help get rid of dead skin cells in addition.
- 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons of sugar
1. Mix ingredients and apply on your face.
2. Scrub gently and leave it on for 10 minutes.
3. Rinse off with luke warm water to reveal glowing skin.
Raw papaya contains exfoliating agents as well which remove the topmost layer of dead cells from the skin. It helps clear all the dirt and oil glands that cause acne and breakouts on the face. Multani Matti then soaks excess oil from the skin making it soft and younger-looking. Honey is a natural hydrant that will moisturize your skin. It also acts as an anti-aging mask and removes blemishes.
- A few pieces of ripe papaya
- 1 teaspoon of sandalwood powder or Fuller’s earth (multani matti)
- 1 teaspoon of honey
1. Take a ripe papaya and cut into cubes.
2. Add sandalwood powder or Fuller’s earth with honey in it.
3. Mix them all to form a paste.
4. Apply it all over your face and neck.
5. Keep it on for 20 minutes and then rinse with cool water.
Cucumber acts as a cooling agent for the skin. It hydrates and helps rejuvenate dull skin. Its cooling property reduces swelling on the skin and brightens the complexion.
- Take a small cucumber
- 2-3 tablespoons of yogurt
1. Grate cucumber then add yogurt to it.
2. Beat it properly.
3. Apply it all around your face and neck.
3. Leaving it on for five minutes.
4. Wait till it dries and wash it off with cold water.
Honey is a natural moisturizer. It cleans and hydrates your skin making it look soft and healthy. It also reduces blemishes.
- Use organic honey
1. Apply honey on clean and damp skin evenly.
2. Massage it for a few minutes and leave it on for another five minutes.
3. Wash it off with lukewarm water.
Ubtan is a very ancient type of face pack. Its recipe has been passed down to generations. You can buy ready-made jarred ubtan mix as well but nothing beats the one made from scratch in your own kitchen. The coarse granule like the texture of ubtan removes dead skin and dirt from your skin. Turmeric the prime ingredient of ubtan is known for its fading blemishes quality. Almond’s essential oils hydrate the skin giving it a natural glow.
Make your own ubtan at home easily with this useful recipe.
- 1 cup of split red lentils (daal masoor) or chickpea/gram flour (baisan)
- 1/4 cup of raw rice
- 8-9 almonds
- 1/2 cup of oatmeal
- A pinch of turmeric
- Water or rose water
1. Grind all lentils
2. To this powdered mixture, add the oatmeal and turmeric powder.
3. Mix well and add enough water or rose water to make a smooth paste.
4. Apply this paste evenly on the face and neck. You can also apply this mask all over the body.
5. Let the mask dry.
Olive oil does wonders to your skin. It is an excellent moisturizer providing you with a natural shine. It guards the skin against damage free from radicals. It repairs skin cells making them healthier.
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- A small, wet face towel
1. Take a few drops of olive oil on your palms, massage gently in circular motion with the help of your fingertips on face and neck.
2. Massage in upward circles for two to three minutes, especially on your cheeks, nose, and forehead.
3. Dip the towel in lukewarm water, absorb excess water and leave the warm wet towel on face for 30 to 40 seconds.
4. Dip the towel again in the warm water and gently wipe away the oil with it.
5. Pat your skin dry with a paper towel if required.