Changan Alsvin; Another Automaker Steps Foot In Pakistan

Changan Alsvin: Another Automaker Steps Foot In Pakistan

The Automotive Development policy(2016-2021), launched Pakistan’s automotive industry towards growth and we have seen some amazing outcomes in the last two years. New automakers showed interest in establishing their businesses in Pakistan, which gave the Pakistani market new car brands, models, and variants. Among these new automakers who want to set foot in Pakistan, Changan Alsvin is one of them.

The new auto policy directive is almost near expiration. Hence, the automakers who started their operation under the policy, have less time to avail these incentives and especially the tax break. 

Pakistan Welcomes Changan

Changan is the 4th largest automotive group in China. With agreements with master motors, under the auto policy, a plant was established in Karachi with an investment of $100 million. 70% of which was paid by master motors and the remaining 30% by Changan. 

The new plant is capable of producing 30,000 units per year. The Changan plant in Pakistan will be the first plant to produce right-hand wheel drive for the market of Pakistan and also for export to SAARC and ASEAN countries.

Changan Alsvin

The model is a front-wheel drive. Alsvin comes in two engine options. A 1400cc (1.5L) engine and a 1370cc(1.4L) engine. Seems like both the engines are almost similar except with the 110cc of displacement. The model is very fuel-efficient giving up to 16 to 18.5 kilometers per liter of petrol. 

The 1.4L engine is only available in 5-speed manual transmission while the 1.5L engine is available with 5-speed wet Dual Clutch Transmission. 


As a budget-friendly car, the exterior of the car is quite decent for an entry-level sedan. On front height, adjustable halogen projector headlights are standard while DRL are located at the lower bumper valence and will most probably be available on the 1.5L version. However,  there is no option for the front fog lights and it’s not even available as far as the model sold in the overseas market as well.

The car has some decent curves and strong slanting creases which distinguish it from a flat sheet of metal.


The car has a very minimalistic and simple plastic interior. An elongated air vent with the multimedia option below and an android LCD protruding out of the dashboard. The speed-o-meter is an analog meter with a digital driver’s information display. Heat and fuel gauges are also digital with a digital RPM adjacent to the main meter.

All the variants do not come with a push start. All power windows and side-view mirror with manual folding. The basic variant will come with a BlueTooth option while the 1.5L variant will come with a 7-inch touch display.

Final Statement

The variants and features of the car do sound interesting and do have a chance to win the hearts of the Pakistani market. But Changan/Master motors will have to play this opportunity very safely. If the automaker works on their Marketing strategy, after-sale services, support, and customer satisfaction the brand can make an impact and succeed. The car is set to launch on 11th December 2020.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Prove your are not robot by selecting the Truck.