Obtaining a driving license in Pakistan comfortably by sitting back at home without any hassles and tiredness is now possible. Punjab’s caretaker chief minister, Syed Mohsin Raza Naqvi, recently launched the Driving License Information Management System (DLIMS), which allows the citizens of Punjab to enroll online for a learner’s license.
Currently, DLIMS provides services to the Punjab and centralizes 36 districts’ driver’s license information. Moreover, about 200,000 people can utilize the license renewal service to renew their licenses online using DLIMS.
How to Apply?
This article guides you through every step you need to know to apply for a driver’s license and provides information about the documents required for enrollment.
Step-by-Step Guide to Enroll Online for Driving License
Step 1: Head to the DLIMS official website for registration.
Step 2: After done with registration, fill out the application form.
Step 3: Select the relevant license category
Step 4: Upload the necessary documents.
Step 5: Pay the fee using an ATM or online banking for payment slip ID.
DLIMS comprises several license categories, such as Learner Licenses, Permanent Licenses, Duplicate Licenses, and License renewals. For each category, there are some specific documents you need to provide.
Note: To apply for the learner’s license, you must be at least 18 years old.
Required Documents for Learner’s License
You can apply for the learner’s license if you are 18 years old, valid for 6 months. The necessary documents for a learner license are:
- Copy of original CNIC
- Ticket of Rs.60 from any post office
- Obtain a codebook of traffic rules and regulations from the Traffic Police Officer
- Get a medical certificate from any valid healthcare professional
Required Documents for Permanent License
The documents necessary to apply for the permanent license are listed below:
- Learner’s permit available for a minimum of six weeks
- Accessible Application form on DLIMS
- Medical certificate
- Three recently attested passport-size photographs
- An attested copy of CNIC
- Paste a ticket of the applicable fee on the license document
Motorcycle: PKR 550
Motorcar: PKR 900
Required Documents for Duplicate License
To get a duplicate driving license, upload the following documents:
- Submitted application form
- Verified copy of CNIC
- Attested 2 recent photographs
- License renewal deadline from the computer section
- FIR (Lost License report) from any police station
Motorcycle: PKR 100
Motorcar: PKR 150
Required Documents for License Renewal
Gather the documents below for license renewal:
- Scanned CNIC copy
- 2 Passport size photographs
- Medical Fitness Certificate (if the candidate’s age is 50 years or above)
- Medical certificate ( from an authorized medical doctor)
- Application form
- Original Driving License
- Relevant tickets
- After passing the test, deposit Rs.180 on the STR form at the branch.
Verification of Driving License
Online license verification can be done by providing the following documents:
- Include your CNIC in the DLMS portal.
- Captcha text authentication needs to be completed.
- Getting your license details, such as issuance date, validity, and expiration date.
Get your driver’s license effortlessly while staying at home
This guideline walks you through the complete DLIMS registration process, and you will quickly obtain your license through an online application.