Though you can deny that the burnt surfaces of your beloved cookware will ever be fully washed, it is not only feasible but also possible with very little time-consuming scouring. Here are seven easy ways to restore a burnt pot to its original condition.
Vinegar and Baking Soda
Vinegar is an excellent all-purpose cleaner. It can be used as a disinfectant, a non-toxic glass cleaner, and yes, also in the kitchen.
- Pour a thin layer of water and white vinegar on the bottom of the tub.
- Enable the diluted vinegar to come to a boil on the stovetop.
- After a minute, extract from the heat and pour the vinegar down the drain.
- Add a tablespoon of baking soda to the empty pan (the aim here isn’t to make a fizzy volcano by mixing vinegar and baking soda; instead, you want the two cleaning agents to work independently).
- Baking soda is abrasive and can aid in the removal of the stain.
- Massage the baking soda with a scouring pad to remove any residual burn stains from the pan’s rim.
- Rinse it thoroughly.
Salt, especially coarse Kosher salt, is excellent for removing scorch marks from pans and for greasy messes. Mix it with Dawn dish detergent and hot water, or rub it into the burnt pan with the juicy heart of a sliced lemon.
Cream of Tartar
Baking soda can be replaced with abrasive ream of tartar.
- In a scorched pan, combine a tablespoon of it with a cup of water and bring to a boil.
- Allow the water to cool before using.
- Scrub the pan to restore its lustre.
Soak a burned pan with soap and water, then throw in a dryer sheet. Allow an hour for it to sit. The dryer sheet (or a tablespoon of fabric softener) will loosen the burnt-on food and leave you with a gleaming pan that looks brand new.
Pour soda (either club soda or a cheap store-brand soda) into the pan while it is still hot to coat the rim. Allow the soda’s carbonation to loosen the burnt grime before cleaning the pan.
Although it may not be acidic enough to strip heavy burns from pans on its own, ketchup is widely used to revive dull, tarnished pots and pans. Apply a thin coating of America’s favorite condiment to the infected region and wipe clean after 15 minutes.